Chicken Soup for the Soul
**This is not an endorsement of any organization, but an item of general interest to the members of the CONG**
The Spirit of America: 101 Stories about What Makes America Great
It’s time for an antidote to all that negativity! We live in a great country and we are proud to be Americans. That’s why we are collecting stories for Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Spirit of America, which will be published in the summer of 2016.
With the elections and the 15th anniversary of 9/11, we’ll all be very focused on what America means to us. Send us your stories about what it means to be an American, whether you’re talking about apple pie and baseball, country music and our national anthem, barbecues, national holidays, our military heroes, first responders, American ingenuity, buying “made in America” goods (like our books!), our huge and varied country, our diversity and our tolerance, our energy and spirit, and all the other things that make us proud Americans.
What makes you proud to be an American?
- Do you have a family member in the armed services? Tell us what that is like.
- Are you in the armed services? Tell us what that is like.
- Are you a wounded warrior? A veteran? Tell us about it.
- Your favorite stories about American holidays such as Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day, and Independence Day.
- Your stories about other holidays and how we do them in America.
- Baseball, football, and other sports.
- American food
- First responders and people who serve — police, firefighters, EMTs, paramedics, teachers, nurses — the people on the front lines helping other Americans
- American ingenuity
- Diversity and tolerance in America
- American friendliness
- American can-do attitude
- 9/11 and coming together
- American music and traditions
- Our incredibly varied geography — traveling in America — moving — experiencing America from tropical beaches to deserts to New England forests to mountains to glaciers — from Florida to Alaska, from Maine to southern California… from sea to shining sea!
If your story is chosen, you will be a published author and your bio will be printed in the book if you so choose. You will also receive a check for $200 and 10 free copies of your book, which will retail for $14.95. You will retain the copyright for your story and you will retain the right to resell it.
Select the Submit Your Story link at the bottom of the page and follow the directions.
This is our second e-mailed story call-out for this book. If you have already submitted your story, you do not need to submit it again. The deadline date for story and poem submissions remains November 30, 2015.
Please do not reply to this email address. You will NOT receive a response. For any further questions or correspondence, contact email@example.com.