Let’s Go Outdoors!
June is Great Outdoors Month!
Below you’ll find information and resources of fun, low cost or free activities available to service members and families
* Vacation With Military Lodging – As a service member, your military benefits entitle you and your family to stay at military lodging around the world. From cottages at the beach to cabins in the mountains, there are plenty of affordable destinations for a great trip. With a little planning, a family vacation is in your sights at an affordable price.
* Blue Star Museums – Museums across America are rolling out the red carpet for active-duty, National Guard and reserve service members and their families between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Simply flash your ID and enjoy free access through theBlue Star Museums initiative.
* Information, Tickets and Travel: Your Key to Fun! Whether you want to take in a ball game, spend a day at local attractions, or plan a vacation, your local Information, Tickets and Travel, or ITT, office is your key to great deals on recreation and leisure travel.
* Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library – Military OneSource provides free, online resources to service members and their families via the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library. You’ll find eBooks and audiobooks on virtually every topic, as well as databases and reference manuals that can help you learn a new skill, keep kids engaged and serve as a homework source, or prepare you to land your next job.
* Morale, Welfare and Recreation: Your Source for Affordable Fun – Morale, Welfare and Recreation, or MWR, is the military’s network of support and leisure programs for service members. On base or off, Morale, Welfare and Recreation provides lots of ways for you to connect with friends and others for entertainment, rest and relaxation – all at reduced or no cost.
* Explore the Library – There’s so much there beyond books, including resume help, events information and research capabilities. And today, the libraries’ digital offerings allow you to access these resources from anywhere, at any time. For your family, the library is a great place to connect with the community and help kids begin lifelong learning.