Emergency Preparedness Training – September 16, 8am-5pm
An invaluable free training for the whole family
ARE YOU READY? BE YOUR OWN HERO, SAVE YOURSELF!
University of Colorado Denver/Assistive Technology Partners in collaboration with the El Paso County of Emergency Management is offering the first ever emergency preparedness training for transition-aged youth (14-25) with developmental disabilities, their family members and caregivers. (ASL Trainer provided for deaf and hard of hearing)
You Will Learn
• Emergency preparedness, specifically for persons with disabilities
• What you need to do to get ready
• What you need to include in your personal emergency supply kits
The Training Will
• Help you develop plans immediately
• Connect you with agencies in the community during the Community Resource Fair
• Start you with your very own Emergency Go Kit specific to your needs.
When: Saturday, September 16, 2017 8am – 5pm
Where: El Paso County Office of Emergency Management Training Room: 3755 Mark Dabling Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Go online to: https://goo.gl/0tDmFA
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-315-1284
Lunch will be provided.
Training made possible with funding provided by the Colorado Developmental Disabilities Council and the Rocky Mountain Medical Reserve Corp.