TRICARE changes effective 1JAN18

September 14, 2017|Posted in: Health

Beginning January 1, there will be changes to the TRICARE benefit. In addition to instituting an open-enrollment period, the changes will expand beneficiary choice, improve access to network providers, simplify beneficiary copayments, and enhance administrative efficiency. If you plan to enroll in coverage effective January 2018 you’ll need to complete enrollment by November 20, 2017, as there will be an enrollment freeze during December 2017 as TRICARE transitions to the new system. Also, Primary Care Doctors cannot be changed during the month of December.


TRICARE Changes Pamphlet


TRICARE Comparison Chart


As the TRICARE contract transitions from United Healthcare to Health Net, current enrollees MUST update their electronic funds transfer (EFT) or reoccurring credit card (RCC) payments by December 20th (if enrolled in TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve, or TRICARE Young Adult).

Below is the letter that should be arriving in mailboxes now in regards to what needs to be done to maintain continuous coverage.

Form to Update your EFT/RCC











For more information or with questions, contact Ken Williams or Amy Eagen:

Ken Williams

Beneficiary Education Representative [BER]

Colorado and Wyoming

United Healthcare Military and Veterans


Cell:  719-602-9410


Amy Eagen

Transition Assistance Advisor

12200 E Briarwood Ave, Suite 160

Centennial, CO 80112


Office:  720-250-1173