Looking for More Information on Your Benefits?
Throughout the career and life of a Service Member, different benefits are available based upon deployment status, dependent status, veteran status, and retirement status. For example, did you know that traditional Service Members are eligible for health benefits? Contact our Transition Assistance Advisor today to ensure that you are receiving the benefits you are eligible for!
Typical Changes that Affect Benefits
- Marriage / Divorce
- Addition of dependents
- Changes in disability among immediate family members
- Going on or coming home from a deployment
- Going to or coming home from a military school
- Being hired or leaving service as Active Guard Reserve (AGR)
- Leaving service due to a medical condition
Types of Benefits Available Dependent upon Your Personal Situation
- TRICARE (medical and vision)
- TRICARE (dental)
- Service Member’s Group Life Insurance (SGLI)
- Traumatic Service Member’s Group Life Insurance (TSGLI)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- VA Benefits
- Education Benefits
- Click here to view the Family Program Tricare Walkthrough
Transition Assistance Advisor (TAA)
The TAA can assist you by:
- Determining your current service status
- Determining what benefits you are eligible for
- Applying for the benefits you are eligible for
To learn more about the Colorado National Guard Transition Assistance Advisor, please click here.
Social Security Benefits
We all pay into it, but how many of us track the status of our Social Security accounts? If you have questions on where you stand in regards to your Social Security (SS) benefits, how much you have contributed so far or how much will be available to you when you retire, you should check out My Social Security! This is your location to log into your personal Social Security account. Please click here or visit http://www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount/ to get set up toady! On My Social Security you will be able to apply for benefits, get your own SS benefits, find out if you qualify for SS, estimate your future benefits, and much more! If you have any issues registering for the site, contact the Help Desk on the Social Security site.
Family Assistance Teams
Don’t forget! There are dedicated teams here to provide you with expert guidance on this subject. By calling the team that assists your branch of service, you will receive personalized care and assistance. They will walk with you from start to finish and through each step of the process. Contact them today!
VA Burn Pit Registry
For those Veterans that have served in any of the locations listed below, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website to access the Airborne Hazards & Open Burn Pit Registry. The VA website states that filling out the information will take about 40 minutes to complete. Make sure that you take the time to check your eligibility and to sign up. Who should look into this (taken from the VA website)?
- Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn
- Djibouti, Africa on or after September 11, 2001
- Operations Desert Shield or Desert Storm
- Southwest Asia theater of operations on or after August 2, 1990
For information regarding the burn pit registry, click here or visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. To begin filling out your registry, click here. Please note that government computer firewalls may affect the ability to fill out this application. You may need to fill out it out on a home computer.