During a Natural Disaster
Natural Disasters can impact multiple aspects of your life. Below are some tools to help you get through this stressful time. Ideally you were able to create a plan before the disaster occurred but often times there are things that you just cannot plan for. Below are some resources and tools to help you start a new plan or just update your current one.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU CONTACT YOUR UNIT IF YOU HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY A NATURAL DISASTER!
Disaster Specific Resources
- Military OneSource: What to do Before, During, and After a Wildfire
- Military OneSource: Tips for Managing Your Distress Related to a Wildfire
- Military OneSource: Health Threat From Wildfire Smoke
- Floodsmart.gov: Preparation and Recovery: During a Flood
- Ready.gov: Landslides and Debris Flow
- Ready.gov: During Winter Storms and Extreme Cold
- DisasterAssistance.gov: Tornado
Contact the American Red Cross for shelters and information on other available resources.