Employer Support of the Guard & Reserve (ESGR)
It can be hard to be a National Guard member and navigate the world of civilian employment at the same time. The Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is here to assist both Service Members and Employers in creating and maintaining a relationship that allows the Service Member to serve his/her country while fulfilling obligations in their civilian employment.
If you are having trouble viewing the video, please click here to view this video on our YouTube Channel.
Who is ESGR?
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is a Department of Defense (DoD) office that develops and promotes supportive work environments for service members in the Reserve Components through outreach, recognition, and educational opportunities that increase awareness of applicable laws and resolves employer conflicts between the service members and their employers.
How ESGR Can Assist You!
- ESGR understands the unique talents and skill set Guard and Reserve Service members can bring to the civilian workforce. To make this arrangement work, both parties must be aware of their rights and responsibilities under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA). ESGR is here to help! With an ESGR committee in each state, territory and the District of Columbia, there is an ESGR representative able to help you forge a stronger bond with your supervisor through a greater understanding of your military service.
- Programs offered include:
- Employer Briefings
- Job Fairs
For a listing of all events in your area visit the ESGR Events Page
ESGR Provides Employers
- Employers are transported, via military vehicle, aircraft or vessel, to military facilities where they observe Guard and Reserve Members on duty.
- Statement of Support Program
- Briefings with the Boss
- Trade Shows and education events
- Job Fairs
- Award Presentations
Visit the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve website for a full listing of services by navigating here or call them toll-free at 1-800-336-4590!
ESGR Colorado Contact List