Transition Assistance Advisor (TAA)
The Transition Assistance Program is here to assist you! We have provided a professional Transition Assistant Advisor (TAA) in each state, to serve as the statewide point of contact, and assist Service members in accessing Department of Veterans Affairs’ Health Care Services and Benefits.
Who Are We?
Each TAA also provides assistance in obtaining entitlements through the Military Health System and access to community resources.
The TAA initiative started in May 2005 when the National Guard Bureau (NGB) signed a Memorandum of Agreement with the VA.
The TAA program is staffed by 65 contract positions and four (4) state employees.
The program is designed to serve National Guard members and their families. Additionally, we gladly provide services to members in all components.
We care about you and your family!
• Over 98% of us are veterans or spouses of military members.
• Many TAAs have worked through the disability process and receive disability compensation.
• We have built strong partnerships and coalitions within the Department of Defense TRICARE, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), State Directors of VA, Veterans Services Organizations, and State Headquarters groups, such as Family Support, Chaplains Offices, Department of Labor (DoL), and Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve (ESGR).
• Guard entitlements and access for health care in both the DoD and VA medical facilities.
• TRICARE benefits while you are on active duty and when you return as an OIF/OEF Veteran.
• Important deadlines that require your action while still on active duty and as a Veteran so you do not miss these time-sensitive opportunities.
• VA dental care programs (time-sensitive benefit).
• Referral for counseling services for you and your family that will not affect your career.
• Referral for possible compensation for injuries or illness sustained in OEF, OIF and OND.
• Insurance information such as SGLI, TSGLI, FSGLI.
• Rehabilitative care management needed to help you return to a normal lifestyle.
• Assistance with job search and connection with ESGR for rights of employment.
• Assistance in connecting you to the Veterans Benefits Administration and Veterans Services Organizations to file disability/compensation claims.
• Assistance with locating your medical records & DD 214s.
• Pre-separation counseling associated with Transition Assistance Program (TAP).
• Mobilization and demobilization sites.
• Reintegration meetings, Community Based WTUs.
• Unit events/drill weekend gatherings/Guard Fairs.
• Sponsored Guard leadership conferences at the national and state levels and specialized organizational agency meetings.
• Post Deployment Health Reassessment sites.
• Transition Assistance Program (TAP) events
AND ANYWHERE ELSE YOU WANT US TO BE!
Click on the Flyer to Locate Your State Advisor
Contact the Colorado Transition Assistance Advisor for Assistance Today!
Transition Assistance Advisor, COARNG